Thursday, October 25, 2012

Langston Hughes

Langston Hughes Poem
Oh, wonderful, deep poem: "There are words like freedom that makes me want to cry" What does that mean? I think it means he knows that freedom isn't free. "Sweet and wonderful to say" Well, that pretty much argues against what I infered. Maybe it means he likes freedom? "oh my heart-strings freedom sings" I think freedom sings deep within him, perhaps. "all day everyday" He has learned not to take freedom for granted.
Paragraph two: "there are words like liberty that almost makes me cry." he knows liberty is nonexistant in some places, however thrives in others. "That almost makes me cry" He is sad about this? "If you had known what he had known, you would know why" He has suffered some pain before.
This poem is known for it's many ways to interprete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment